Made a load of progress this weekend past, mainly on the more “cool” visual aspects that are needed to catch people’s attention for this Kickstarter project. I’ve now included nationality, and a nice big flag behind the player image on stats/match history screens, and did a number of other important “subtle” improvements.
My next load of work will involve:
- Skewing the menu screens to the left, to open up the right third of the screen for:
- Fuller display of next tourney/championship
- Extra statistics, such as best ranked gyms/countries
- Implement thread-timed refresh of next tourney/championship, to “build up” interest/excitement
- De-clutter the stats/match history background
- Fix a bug where you’re able to challenge yourself through the match history screen
- Put small country flags next to player names during match announcement
- Reposition the text lower also, to show more of each face
Further work will include:
- Implement coach’s advice
- Get picture(s) taken
- Position them in infoPane
- Generate useful advice strings
- Implement a demo mode
- Either launched from Advanced Options menu, or kicks in after 1 min inactivity on start screen
- Cycles through various screens, runs various image sequences, etc.
- Includes gentle auto-scroll of any long lists (ie. stats, rankings etc.)
- Breaks out when screen is next touched
- Finishing off “random facts” in stats screens
Even further work:
- Implement consistent ESF values
- Implement Fitness
- Implement Challenge Matches
So, yeah. That’s me for the next 2 months or so. Things are really starting to shape up now towards the end.
Do not fuck this up.