If I get a chance tonight, I’ll create BlankApp – the fully kitted out “bog standard” starting point for all my new apps.
The main features/aspects of which will be:
- Include loading screen
- Put this into android library
- Include all standard onCreate(), onPause() methods
- Get basic view working and drawn on screen
- Include basic renderMenuScreen() functionality
- Include basic menu node(s)
- Put the node itself into android library
- Include the listening code that reacts to this
- Include thread-based double-click prevention
- Easily test this by attempting to open dialog etc. that will crash a threaded click
- Keep all the scaling code
- Keep all useful button locations
- Extract image rendering stuff to library
- Keep all the basic sounds
- Put them in library? Maybe not
- Implement basic moving background
That should cover it for now. I intend to keep on coming back and improving BlankApp in the future, as each new requirement makes itself apparent.
After v1.0 of BlankApp is done, I will crack on with MS3D.