Right, this BlankApp is bit more of a task than I had anticipated! I did a ton of work last night, and there is still a ton to do – but, on the bright side, it should give me a solid platform to knock up new apps in no time.
Progress so far:
- Put loading screen into library and got it running
- Got screen view working, and put basic background in
- Included menu nodes, get them on screen (but not in the right place)
- Erm, tons of other stuff but I can’t think since it’s all “behind the scenes” non-flashy stuff
What I need to do next:
- Implement auto-build of menu system from menuSystem.txt
- Implement setupOnTouchListener()
- With ALL event types catered for, even if it’s just blank holding space for now
- Set centre point to allow menu nodes to arrange correctly
- Figure out how to get ZMNode to actually work from the library
- Implement About screen
- Implement infoPanes
- Implement moving background
- Get logo into intro screen
- Put showImageSequence() into library
- Include all sound processing code
- In library?
- Remove that artificial delay before even the loading screen is shown!
That should do for now. I’ll probably do this Saturday morning (or even a bit tonight if I’m feeling particularly brave), and look to finish v1.0 some time midweek next week.
I’m looking for the best possible start for MF3d (as I am now calling it). Gotta get it right!