Got through a fair amount of work over the weekend. Fully completed the new Training Screen, made a good start on the Tournament Brackets, and fixed that horrible bug which would freeze the second match you play in a tourney.
In fact, that bug was due to an invisible (but still blocking) infoPane which comes into play when you get your first competitive win or submission. I will still need to fix that, but it comes under the “coach’s advice” session now, so I can count that “freezing” bug as fixed.
Did a few other bits too, including making changes to the Credits screen (allowing various font sizes etc.), and generally made some nice improvements.
My next tasks are:
- Finish off the Tournament Brackets
- Actually finish off v1.0 of the Credits
- Do Championship Intro
- Implement “next sequence” and “previous sequence” function
- To systematically cycle through every sequence, checking validity, missing none out
- Minor stuff
- Make “in gym” improvements proportional to fees paid
- Write unit test to find all core skills that are not in any of the gym’s special skills lists
- BUG: After initial start up, we’re getting the wrong “day of week” (Mon when it should be Tue)
- BUG: “weighted decision” doesn’t seem to factor in “intelligent rest”
- BUG: When coach appears to inform you that a challenge has already been rejected, it seems to be THEIR coach, not your coach
And that will be boxed off as v0.1.13, after which I will begin work on a standalone app whose sole purpose is to capture and upload player profiles for the main app.
Looking ahead, I think the main concerns I have – as the end of the project approaches – are:
- Sound issues
- Using expansion packs
- Online stuff
That’s probably about it actually! Doesn’t seem so bad 🙂
Right, gotta go!