Been a busy boy over the weekend. I have 99.9% sorted the promotion/retirement stuff, removing a lot of little bugs that would always have plagued me if I hadn’t done such a deep-dive of the code.
I feel like I’m getting a handle on things again.
I’m back making lists of tasks that need to be done and, to be honest, it doesn’t look so daunting. Obviously, one of the biggest ones will be getting all the character profiles in, but I’m sure I’ll be struck by inspiration when the time comes.
For the immediate future, I have a couple of tasks to do, off the back of what I uncovered over the weekend:
- Debug what happens when your skill level is above promotion threshold, but your promotion is hold (due to it either not being a Sunday, or you being in the championship match), for events such as:
- Double-tap scrolling to your name in the rankings
- Setting belt colour image in background
- Challenging certain belt levels to matches
- BUG: If you resume game on a Sunday, but before a tourney/championship has happened, it skips it!
- Need to check for existence of records of event on that date before proceeding with “post weekend reset”
I’ve also been listing the “high level” tasks, which I will update on here in due course, so I feel like I’m not completely out of touch with this project anymore.