I’m quite happy with the stuff I’ve done for MTGPS lately. I’ve sorted out the Google API stuff, so I’m okay to get plenty of static map images, I’ve implemented a temporary caching of images to reduce load time (and number of requests to map API), I’ve fixed it so the correct tiles get loaded in the correct place (by putting a lock on during loading), and I’ve implemented the switching of terrain types.
Gonna take a little break for a day or so, but when I get back to it I will be sorting out the following:
- When switching zoom levels, clear the tileHashMap
- To avoid having to clear the entire cache with “Reload Map”
- Remove “Loading…” from the screen immediately after loading is finished
- Basically, an immediate call to refresh
- Implement numbers-only keyboard
- Implement “set start location”
- Figure out zoomConstant ‘n’
- viewRectWidth = n x gpsZoomValue x kmPerSquare
- Fully implement zoom level switching
So I will hopefully have a properly scaled and accurately anchored map system to go underneath my plotted GPS data soon.
And then I can really begin to build something big.