Last night I finished work on the initial Spring Boot Gee-Oh! Server, with the session, location and message APIs all up and running. I’ve completed all I need to on the server, for now.
I have implemented some decent performance monitoring stuff (which will develop and improve as time goes by), and I’m pretty happy with the server performance under some of the loads I’ve been testing with.
I’m now free to resume work on the core client stuff, and will be bringing the Gee-Oh! maps into MakingTracksGPS ASAP.
My high-level checklist of tasks for the short-to-medium term future are:
- Implement water areas
- Implement improved accuracy of topographic base maps
- Implement time-based re-downloading of GIS data
- > 30 days
- Implement option to refresh all current squares in Grid
- Set up Mac for Android development
- Put maps into MakingTracksGPS
- Finish off new MakingTracksGPS UI
- Make any other required tweaks
- Release MakingTracksGPS 2.0
After all that, I will be looking at bringing Gee-Oh! Viewer up to something approaching production standard, and I will be wanting to produce Gee-Oh! Mobile as an extended version of MakingTracksGPS, with the full Gee-Oh! functionality.
And I’m done.