I spent a good few hours last night trying to get my Mac to accept the fact it’s going to be doing some Android development in the near future – wasn’t fun. I finally got it sorted this morning, and now my trusty ol’ Galaxy S3 is running MakingTracksGPS in debug mode, in anticipation of the next round of development that is coming soon.
The tasks remaining (ie. blockers to getting the maps put into MTGPS) are:
- Finish off implementation of water areas
- I’ve done the bulk of it, I just need to get them to fade out between levels, and decide which resolution level group to put NATURAL_WATER in
- Fix topographic base maps issue(s)
- Implement time-based refreshing of GridSquares
- Implement option to refresh all visible/current GridSquares in Grid
- Cut out “coastal” from GIS queries
- “Go To Location” should animate to location
And that’s it. Doesn’t seem like much. After the insane amount of time it has taken to get to the point where I can put proper maps into MakingTracksGPS, it’s almost hard to believe that I’ve only got 6 or so tasks to do.
Can’t wait for the maps to go mobile!