Got round to doing a bit of re-branding this week – I have officially discontinued MakingTracksGPS and will be going forward as Gee-Oh! Mobile, which brings the Android application in line with the rest of the Gee-Oh! system.
While I’m here, I may as well summarise the remaining tasks before release:
- Pre-load all UK map data (in progress, currently ~25% complete)
- Improve sanity check for GridSquares on level above, kick-starting if required
- Kick-starting null squares (for current level and level above)
- Fix “zoom out too fast” issue, where we see background grid when we shouldn’t
- Implement ability to auto-centre on any provided device, not just device installed on
- Put Gee-Oh! button just above auto centre button
- Render placenames
- ProGuard build
- Website improvements/alterations
And that’s about it, really. Looking forward to getting v1.0 released ASAP.