Just a vague update on the commencement of Gee-Oh! Mobile development. Since I got the server back on track and processing squares again last week, I’ve dived right back into the world of Android.
I managed to score a few quick wins from my previous “barriers to release” list, including the rendering of placenames (fading in and out accordingly), and also added the fading out of motorway/main road labels as we zoom out to particular values.
I did a little bit of housekeeping, removing a superfluous ViewThread class that was never really being used as intended, and lots of other little bits, too many to remember fully. Been a busy boy.
My latest venture is a very large refactor to incorporate multiple devices (for now, only a replayDevice and the debug testFlightDevice) and allow auto-centering on these also whilst preserving our actual location indicator on screen. I’ll do a separate blog on this, actually – ’tis a big ol’ topic.
And so this ends.